RigExpert TI-5000 is a new and powerful USB transceiver interface based on high quality stereo codec IC, for operating phone, CW and digital modes using personal computer. All in one through a single USB port.
Ask your RigExpert distributor or reseller to provide pre-built cable for your new TI-5000 to connect it with your favorite transceiver. Or construct a cable yourself, using the diagrams published on our website here.
Or use the cable you already have.
- Transceiver audio interface
- Analog audio interface is a connection to transceiver audio output (external speaker connector or line output) and transceiver audio input (microphone connector or line input). Audio interface enables operating digital modes, recording and playing voice, as well as other useful functions (such as measuring levels of a signal from the air) by using a computer. Input (two channels) and output volume levels are adjusted by potentiometers on the front panel of the device.
- CAT interface for various transceiver models
- CAT (Computer Aided Transceiver) system provides control of transceiver frequency, operating mode and other functions by computer software. Normally, modern transceivers have serial (with various signal levels) link providing CAT interface.In RigExpert TI-5000, CAT interface port is recognized as a COM port by computer software.
- FSK output
- FSK (Frequency Shift Keying) is a popular method of transmitting digital messages over radio primarily used in radioteletype (RTTY) mode. Most transceivers provide FSK modulator feature to make the RTTY signal stable and clear.A separate COM port is assigned for the FSK output when using RigExpert TI-5000.
- PTT and CW output functions
- Transceivers provide PTT (Push To Talk) and CW (Continuous Wave) keyer inputs to allow setting the transmitter on or off.In RigExpert TI-5000, PTT and CW outputs are assigned to the RTS and DTR lines of a separate COM port.
- CW keyer
- Independent keyer paddle input plus built-in RigExpert implementation of WinKey with separate virtual COM port for WinKey.
- Footswitch input
- Microphone input with QSO Recording option and level control
- Plug-and-Play configuration
- Windows/MacOS/Linux compatible
- Compatible with any HAM Radio software
Transceiver audio interface for operating digital modes, voice recording and playback
CAT (Computer Aided Transceiver) system
PTT and CW outputs
CW keyer (WinKey)
USB (Universal Serial Bus) connector
Powered from the USB port (consuming 100 mA maximum)
No external power supply needed
Single 25-pin connector for transceiver cable
Various transceiver models supported
Insulated from digital nets
Maximum input/output amplitude is 1V
Input/output samplerate: 8 to 48 kHz
True 16-bit DAC/ADC used
Volume levels are adjusted by the front panel potentiometers
External microphone input with level control
Recording QSO audio stream
CAT serial port:
Baudrate: 300-115200 baud
Electrical compatibility: RS-232, CI-V, TTL or inverted-TTL (Yaesu, Icom, Kenwood, Ten-Tec, Elecraft and JRC transceivers)
PTT output: open collector and TTL-level
CW output: open collector
Maximum current is 50 mA
Baudrate: 45-1200 baud
Open collector output
Desktop or laptop computer with USB 1/2/3 compliant port
MacOS/Linux/Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista/7/8/10 (32- or 64-bit) operating system
No drivers required for systems on Windows 10/MacOS/Linux
For Windows 7 and previous versions of Windows only Winkey and FSK drivers are required
Dimensions: 20 x 10 x 4 cm
Weight: 300 g
Operating temperature: 0…40 °C
Warranty: 2 years
RigExpert TI-5000 is made in Ukraine.
Specifications are subject to change without notice.
RigExpert TI-5000 USB Interface
- Brands RigExpert
- Product Code: TI-5000
- Availability: In Stock
- US $250.00