Connect your transceiver to the Internet via a Wi-Fi network. Use your laptop to operate phone, CW or digital modes from anywhere in the world!
The following resources are available on-line:
- Functional description of this interface
- Technical specifications
- Examples of operating, either locally or remotely
- Examples of connecting external devices via the RS-485 port
- To connect the WTI-1 to your transceiver, you will need a special cable. Fortunately, pre-built cables for many transceivers are available. Moreover, you may construct a cable yourself, using the diagrams published on our website.
Please make sure to update your WTI-1 to the latest firmware and use the latest version of the ShackLink software on your PC.
A number of user’s guides provide step-by-step instructions of how to set up and operate your WTI-1 device. The guides are available in the PDF format at the Downloads section:
- The Quick start guide describes in a short form how to quickly set up your WTI-1 device to start operating.
- The User’s manual contains more detailed instructions and examples of the use.
- The ShackLink software manual describes the ShackLink program deeply, so operating becomes easy even for an inexperienced user.
- The Software setup examples will help you quickly set up your favorite software to operate digital modes via the WTI-1. Many other programs are supported, although not included in this manual.
- Remote operation becomes easy with the Operating via the Internet guide.
- Transceiver audio interface for operating digital modes, voice recording and playback
- CAT (Computer Aided Transceiver) system
- FSK output
- PTT and CW outputs
- RS-485 port to connect external devices, such as antenna relays
- WinKey emulation – work in progress
Initial configuration: direct connection to a PC
- USB (Universal Serial Bus) connector
- USB 1/2/3 compliant
- Powered from the USB port
- No USB drivers required
- Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista/7/8 (32- or 64-bit) operating system
Normal operation: local area network connection
- 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi network, 802.11 b/g/n
- Infrastructure mode; a wireless access point or a wireless router is required
- Open of encrypted networks are supported
- External power supply (9…15 V DC, max. 0.5 A) is required
- Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista/7/8 (32- or 64-bit) operating system on the operator’s computer
- The virtual serial port, the virtual sound card and the controlling software is provided free of charge
Remote operation via Internet
- ADSL or other high-speed Internet connection is required for remote operation
- Static or dynamic IPV4 Internet addresses are supported at the transceiver side
- The router should be set up to forward several UDP and TCP ports to the WTI-1
- Any reasonably fast Internet connection at the operator side
- Single 25-pin connector for transceiver cable
- Various transceiver models supported
- Insulated from digital nets
- Maximum input/output amplitude is 1V
- Input/output samplerate: 8 to 48 kHz
- True 16-bit DAC/ADC used
CAT serial port
- Baudrate: 300-115200 baud
- Electrical compatibility: RS-232, CI-V, TTL or inverted-TTL (Yaesu, Icom, Kenwood, Ten-Tec, Elecraft and JRC transceivers)
- PTT output: open collector and TTL-level
- CW output: open collector
- Maximum current is 500 mA
- Baudrate: 45-1200 baud
- Open collector output
- Baudrate: 300-115200 baud
- 3.5 mm, 3-pin audio connector
Dimensions: 12 x 8 x 3 cm
Weight: 0.3 kg
2-Year Warranty coverage by the RigExpertCare™ program
The RigExpert WTI-1 is made in Ukraine.
RigExpert WTI-1 Wi-Fi Interface
- Brands RigExpert
- Product Code: RigExpert WTI-1
- Availability: In Stock
- US $320.00