RigExpert TI-8 is a device for operating phone, CW and digital modes using personal computer. All in one through a single USB port!
To connect the TI-8 to your transceiver, you will need a special cable. Fortunately, pre-built cables for many transceivers are available. Moreover, you may construct a cable yourself, using the diagrams published on our website.
- Transceiver audio interface
Analog audio interface is a connection to transceiver audio output (external speaker connector or line output) and transceiver audio input (microphone connector or line input). Audio interface enables operating digital modes, recording and playing voice, as well as other useful functions (such as measuring levels of a signal from the air) by using a computer.Input (two channels) and output volume levels are adjusted by potentiometers on the front panel of the device.
- CAT interface for various transceiver models
CAT (Computer Aided Transceiver) system provides control of transceiver frequency, operating mode and other functions by computer software. Normally, modern transceivers have serial (with various signal levels) link providing CAT interface.In RigExpert TI-8, CAT interface port is seen as a COM port by computer software.
- FSK output
FSK (Frequency Shift Keying) is a popular method of transmitting digital messages over radio primarily used in radioteletype (RTTY) mode. Most transceivers provide FSK modulator feature to make the RTTY signal stable and clear.A separate COM port is assigned for the FSK output when using RigExpert TI-8.
- PTT and CW output functions
Transceivers provide PTT (Push To Talk) and CW (Continuous Wave) keyer inputs to allow setting the transmitter on or off.In RigExpert TI-8, PTT and CW outputs are assigned to the RTS and DTR lines of a separate COM port.
- CW keyer
Built-in RigExpert implementation of WinKey.WinKey is a Morse keyer that is designed to attach to a PC’s serial port and provide accurate transmitter keying from a Windows based ham radio software.
A separate virtual COM port is created for WinKey.
- Squelch input
Some software, such as EchoLink, requires the interface to provide a squelch input to detect if the radio channel is busy.In RigExpert TI-8, the squelch input is assigned to the DCD line of the COM port used for PTT and CW outputs.
- Transceiver audio interface for operating digital modes, voice recording and playback
- CAT (Computer Aided Transceiver) system
- FSK output
- PTT and CW outputs
- CW keyer (WinKey)
- Squelch input
- USB (Universal Serial Bus) connector
- Powered from the USB port (consuming 100 mA maximum)
- No external power supply needed
- Single 25-pin connector for transceiver cable
- Various transceiver models supported
- Insulated from digital nets
- Maximum input/output amplitude is 1V
- Input/output samplerate: 8 to 48 kHz
- True 16-bit DAC/ADC used
- Volume levels are adjusted by the front panel potentiometers
CAT serial port:
- Baudrate: 300-115200 baud
- Electrical compatibility: RS-232, CI-V, TTL or inverted-TTL (Yaesu, Icom, Kenwood, Ten-Tec, Elecraft and JRC transceivers)
- PTT output: open collector and TTL-level
- CW output: open collector
- Maximum current is 50 mA
- Baudrate: 45-1200 baud
- Open collector output
- Desktop or laptop computer with USB 1/2/3 compliant port
- Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista/7/8/10 (32- or 64-bit) operating system
- No USB drivers required
- The RigExpert TI Manager software is provided free of charge
Dimensions: 11 x 13 x 4 cm
Weight: 0.3 kg
Operating temperature: 0…40 °C
Warranty: 2 years
RigExpert TI-8 is made in Ukraine.
Specifications are subject to change without notice.
RigExpert TI-8 (LIMITED STOCK)
- Brands RigExpert
- Product Code: RigExpert TI-8
- Availability: In Stock
- US $260.00